Another milestone on the path towards creating AcadMathSci! We are delighted to announce the publication yesterday of the Progress Update and Consultation Document.
The Academy for the Mathematical Sciences is currently in its “proto-Academy” set-up phase. We are keen to consult widely: we have published a document containing an update on progress and consultation questions and want to seek your views to inform and shape next steps and to identify initial priorities for the Academy’s activities.
Consultation Period Overview
We are holding a Consultation Period from 26 April to 30 June 2023. As part of this:
1.We published a Progress Update and Consultation Document on 26 April
- We have also produced a Summary document that is available here.
- The entire document is available as a .pdf here.
- We have partitioned the document and webpages into self-contained sections (linked to below) to make it easier to access only those parts that are of interest to you.
- It is available as a series of webpages HERE.
2. We have published a list of questions on issues where we are actively seeking feedback.
- The online questionnaire is set up so you can choose to answer only the questions on aspects of the Academy’s development that are of interest to you.
3. We have arranged four Consultation events during May
- The International Centre for the Mathematical Sciences (ICMS) is kindly hosting these online events.
- The dates of the Consultation Events are as follows:
- Event 1: Thursday 4 May, 10am – 12 midday
- Event 2: Tuesday 16 May, 4pm – 5pm
- Event 3: Wednesday 17 May, 2pm – 4pm
- Event 4: Wednesday 24 May, 4pm – 5pm
- You can book your place to attend these events here. Please book your place by noon on the day before your chosen session to ensure you receive joining details. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to join a session if you book after this time.
Much work has been done since the appointment in October 2022 of an Executive Director and Executive Committee for the proto-Academy and now is the time for us to consult the community again to ensure that you have the opportunity to input your views, provide feedback on the work we have done so far, and influence our thinking as we identify priorities and develop the organisational structure of the Academy.