We were delighted to see the contributions of so many members of our community recognised in the 2024 King’s New Year’s Honours List.
Those recognised include:
- Kenneth Falconer, Regius Professor of Mathematics at the University of St Andrews, appointed CBE for services to mathematics.
- Roger Heath-Brown, Emeritus Fellow, University of Oxford, appointed OBE for services to mathematics and mathematical research.
- Colva Roney-Dougal, Professor of Mathematics, University of St Andrews, appointed OBE for services to education and mathematics.
- Chris Smith, teacher of mathematics at Grange Academy, Kilmarnock, appointed MBE for services to mathematics education and to the community in East Ayrshire.
- Steven Underwood, lately mathematics teacher at Ryedale School, Beadlam, North Yorkshire, appointed MBE for services to Education.
- Laura Gilbert, Director of Data Science in the Prime Minister’s Office, appointed CBE for services to technology and analysis.
- Thomas Critchley, Data Scientist, Prime Minister’s Office, appointed OBE for services to evidence-based policy.
- Tori Olphin, Chief Data Scientist and Head of Research, Thames Valley Police, appointed MBE for services to technology in the public sector.
For a full list see here.
Additionally, Shirley Conran, founder of the Maths Anxiety Trust was awarded a damehood for services to mathematics education in Liz Truss’ Resignation Honours List.